This is incomplete and poorly formatted, and as much so that I can remember things as anything else. I haven’t attempted to take note of everything written for if:book (some of that is annotated here). Eventually this will be cleaned up.
- Untitled review of Jack Green’s Fire the Bastards!, Rain Taxi, Volume 17, no. 1, p. 16. Minneapolis: spring 2012.
- “The Failure of Americans.” The Review of Contemporary Fiction, Vol. XXXI, #1: The Failure Issue, pp. 80–103. Urbana, Illinois: spring 2011. Nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
- “Hopscotch-o-Matic.” Rong–Wrong, Vol. No. 1, pp. 70–76. Amsterdam: 2011.
- Untitled piece on Jan Tschichold. The Most Beautiful Swiss Books 2009, pp. 105–110. Bern: 2009. Translated into German by Daniela Janser.
- “The Responsibility of the Reader,” Logos, Volume 20, no. 4, pp. 167–170. Amsterdam: 2009.
- “Pamela Moore” at Writers No One Reads, 30 May 2013.
- “Frederick Rolfe” at Writers No One Reads, 28 February 2013.
- “Charles Montagu Doughty” at Writers No One Reads, 21 May 2012.
- “Going Back to Patchogue” (review of Thomas McGonigle’s Going to Patchogue), The Brooklyn Rail. Brooklyn: March 2012.
- —with Caroline Malone: “Emerging Forms: Interview with Dan Visel, Contributing Editor, Triple Canopy,” Spaces, 13 May 2013.
- —with Sam Frank, Lucy Ives, and Christine Smallwood, “I Know What You Did Last Summer: Four Fictions,” in Triple Canopy, Issue 17, 29 November 2012.
- “Appendix 1: Open Review Software,” in Open Review: A Study of Contexts and Practice. White paper in progress produced by MediaCommons & NYU Press for The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- —with Bob Stein: “Mao, King Kong, and the Future of the Book” in Triple Canopy, Issue 9: 23 July 2010.
- —with Michael Humphrey: “iPad and memoir: an interview with Dan Visel” True/Slant, April 3, 2010.
- —with Michael Rüger & Bob Stein: “Sophie – The Future of Reading” in C5 2008: Poitiers, France. Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Creating, Connecting and Collaborating through Computing, 2008: pp. 13–20.
- —with Robert Stein: “Sophie and the Future of Reading and Writing” in Forum Futures 2007, 2007: pp. 57–60.
- —with Christina Svendsen, Let’s Go Rome 2000. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1999.
- —with Sam Bull, Let’s Go Ireland 1998. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1997.
Talks & Panels
- Panelist, “Book/Ends?: Rethinking Scribal in the Digital Age” (with Elaine Savory, Michael Pettingger, and Oz Frankel). MobilityShifts, New School, New York. 14 October 2011.
- “The Book in Time: Futures of the Book.” The Center for Book Arts, New York. 24 March 2010
- “The Page + The Screen: Siting Text in the Early 21st Century and Beyond” (with Bob Stein). The Public School NY, Brooklyn. 25 February 2010.
- Plenary session, “The Digitization of Everything” (with Sven Birkerts and David Cole). 4th International Conference on the Book, Boston. 20 October 2006.
- “Curating Translations: Case Studies from Circumference and Archipelago Books” (with Jennifer Kronovet, Stefania Heim, et al.). American Literary Translators Association conference, Las Vegas, October 29, 2004.
- Jessica Winter, “The advantages of amnesia,” The Boston Globe, September 23, 2007.
- Jim Dwyer, “Confronting a Stranger, for Art,” The New York Times, April 4, 2010, page MB1
- Steve Bradbury, “The Brains Behind Circumference: Poetry in Translation: a Conversation with Stefania Heim and Jennifer Kronovet”. Sidebar: “A Note on the Type” by Dan Visel. Full Tilt: A Journal of East-Asian Poetry, Translation and the Arts, Issue 3, summer 2008.
- Buzz Poole, “The Next Chapter,” Print, June 2009, pp. 28–29.
- Natalie Musumeci, “Gertrude Stein marathon! Get ready for 52 grueling hours of action, literature,” The Brooklyn Paper, 14 January 2013
- David Shapiro, “Taking on Tomes,” The Wall Street Journal, 22 January 2013, p. A25.