- A failure of book design: Hamid Dabashi’s critique of the cover of Azar Nafisi’s Reading Lolita in Tehran. An interview with Hamid Dabashi that touches on the subject.
- Two insightful posts (1, 2) by Ron Silliman about line lengths in poetry. The second is particularly nice on the relationship between form and technology.
- Jonas Mekas is going to do something exciting!
- There’s an essay by Joseph McElroy in the Winter 2006 issue of Raritan (volume 25, number 3). It’s entitled “One Shoe Off, One Shoe On”, and it’s about Albrecht Dürer.
- On Sunday 15 October at 7 pm, there’s the first Marquise Dance Hall Poetry Reading at the Marquise Dance Hall (251 Grand Street, Williamsburg) featuring poets of the Brooklyn Rail. Featured: Mary Donnelly, Raphael Rubinstein, and Jerome Sala.
- On Thursday 19 October at 7 pm there’s a panel discussion at Zone (601 West 26th Street, no. 302) about Nam June Paik featuring Alison Knowles, David Vaughan, Joan La Barbara, and William S. Wilson.